CT-Assist 7.1 – System Requirements…
The programming language ABAP® is at the very heart of SAP SE’s software technology. As an add-on to this software technology, CT-Assist supports the IT workflow and the use of ABAP with a set of core functions.
1. Interfaces to the SAP Application Server
The communication between the ‘CT-Assist’ and the application server is exclusively based on certified standard interfaces of the company SAP SE, Walldorf.
2. Software Requirements
- Operating system, Front-End PC: Windows® NT 4.0 / 2000 / XP / Windows 7 /Windows 8
- SAP-System, Application Server: SAP® R/3® 3.x to 4.7 (R/3 Enterprise), mySAP™ ERP, SAP Netweaver™ 6.10 bis 7.30, SAP® APO, SAP® BW, mySAP™ CRM, as well as all further components which are based on SAP Netweaver.
- Activated profile parameter ‘sapgui/user_scripting’ (see SAP Marketplace: SAP Note 480149).
- The correct installation of SAP GUI Scripting is described in the SAP GUI Scripting Security Guide (Release 6.20 / 6.40). General security aspects are also mentioned here (e.g. Chapter 7 ‘Security Q&A’). The guide can be downloaded at: http://www.service.sap.com/sapgui.
- SAP GUI for Windows: Current release from 6.203 (Nov. 2002) on.
- Standard interfaces: ‘BC-MID-RFC’ (SAP® RFC) and ‘BC-FES-SCR’ (SAP® GUI Scripting) installed during the SAP® GUI standard installation.
- During the installation an authorization key for the CT-Module has to be entered.
- The CT-Assist was designed as a ‘Single Session Program’ and under these conditions successfully tested.
3. Notes on Unicode SAP systems (restrictions)
Unicode SAP® systems will be supported (small-endian as well as big-endian Unicode systems). For these Unicode systems the server components of the CT-Assist (ABAP™ function module and ABAP™ workreports) are available in a compatible ABAP syntax Unicode form.
However some restriction take place when editing source code:
ABAP programs with comments or literal characters which are beyond the Unicode block 01 Basic-Latin and 02 Latin-1 Supplement (e.g. Chinese character) could only be displayed and not edited. The CT-Assist checks this condition when loading a member into the edit mode. All other CT-Assist features do not have this restriction (e.g. generation of documentation or graph analysis).
4. Hardware Requirements
- Processor: Minimum 500 Mhz
- Main memory: Minimum 256 MB
- Graphics card: 65,000 colors or higher
- Monitor: 17 inches, 1024 x 768 or higher
- Disk memory: approx. 150 MB